Our mission is to support families with young children in building healthy relationships and community networks, by providing services and programs in a welcoming, nurturing and respectful environment.
News & Events
|Day Week Month List Search|
Important Notice - Effective October 2016
Hello parents, grandparents, friends, and caregivers:
Thank you for coming to Family Place. We are so glad that you have found us. We want to welcome and include everyone but we have some concerns with overcrowding. One thing we thought we could do is give you some ideas of other programs and services in this community and the city that you can avail of, as well as some ideas of how to deal with this issue at Family Place:
- Come twice a week only
- Come in the afternoon when it is quieter
- Limit your visit to 3 hours
- Please do not bring school-aged children to our program- our space and programs are designed for younger children. We suggest the Boys and Girls Club, Community Centres, Neighbourhood Houses or preschools for older children
- Visit the 4 other Family Places in Vancouver
- Visit Neighbourhood Houses - most of them offer family drop-in programs
- Visit Community Centres in Champlain, Killarney and Sunset areas- they offer children's programs as well
- Enjoy your local playgrounds
- Bobolink Park [beside us] will have a Parks Board staff offering children's activities in the summer - northeast corner of the park by the wading pool.
Thank you for your help and understanding.