Our mission is to support families with young children in building healthy relationships and community networks, by providing services and programs in a welcoming, nurturing and respectful environment.
Supporting our Organization
Many of you may not have the time or interest in the governance of our society, however you may still want to show your support. Good news, there are other ways you can show your support!
- You can volunteer your time
- You can make a cash donation; donations $10 and over will get a tax receipt.
- You can donate some gently used children’s toys or equipment that we can use to support our programs
- You can write us a little message about the importance of our organization to your family. We can use this when we request funds for the running of our programs.
We are looking for interested volunteers to assist our staff in the playroom and other activities. Volunteers must enjoy interacting with young children and their parents or caregivers of different cultural backgrounds. Second language is an asset but not a requirement. Training and orientation will be provided on an ongoing basis.
Days and time: You can choose any day from Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
If you would like to volunteer: Please contact us at 604-325-5213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not hiring at the moment. The summer positions are filled.
Volunteer Board Members
We have a Board of Directors consisting of Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and members-at-large. Their role as a policy board is to support the organization with planning, determining the overall direction of the organization and creating and evaluating major policies.
We have recently updated our ByLaws and Constitution which form the backbone of our organization. We worked with a local law company, Bull, Houser and Tupper who specialize in working with nonprofits such as ourselves. As we worked through this with the lawyer, we realized we needed to relook at how we involve members and what we needed and wanted from our members.
What does it mean to be a member?
- Applying to be a member of our organization means that you have an interest in how we are governed or how we run this organization.
- It means that you are interested in voting at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and that you will make a commitment to attend the AGM (usually in June).
- In the future, you may be interested in volunteering to join our Board of Directors.
- To become a member, you need to make a formal membership application as well as pay a $10 fee. At each monthly board meeting, our Board of Directors will review each application, then approve and accept the membership.
Donations in the form of volunteering and in-kind donations are gratefully accepted. We issue a tax receipt for your cash donations of $10.00 or more.