Our mission is to support families with young children in building healthy relationships and community networks, by providing services and programs in a welcoming, nurturing and respectful environment.
Funding & Partnerships
South Vancouver Family Place gratefully acknowledges the support provided by the following:
- City of Vancouver - ongoing
- Ministry of Children and Families and Development - ongoing
- BC Gaming - ongoing
- Vancouver Foundation - ongoing
- FRP Canada/BC Association of FRP's - on going
- Westminster Savings - new 2016
- CLICK - 2015-2016
- Kiwassa Neighbourhood House Nobodys Perfect -ongoing
- BC Council of Families - 2015-16
- The Bridge Youth & Family Services - 2016
- Federal HRDC - summer jobs - ongoing
- Cascades Packaging - 2016
- Donations and memberships - ongoing
In addition to our family resource programs and preschool, we also offer programs in partnerships with Westcoast Child Care Resource Centre, Pacific Immigrant Resources Society, Vancouver School Board and Langara Nursing Program.
Pacific Immigrant Resources Society offers ESL parenting program at our main site (7710 Nanaimo St.). This is a free program offered for mothers and their children 18 months to 6 year-olds. For more information, please call: 604-298-5888.
New Partnerships in 2016!
Westminster Savings Foundation - funding for Fraserlands drop-in commencing Jan 2016.
We are excited to announce that The Bridge Youth & Family Services has provided us funding for to run the Healthy Together program at Trudeau and Family Place from April to December 2016.
THe Bridge Youth & Family Services (a well established, accredited, non-profit organization in Kelowna, BC) has developed Healthy Together (HT) with the aim to promote the achievement and maintenance of healthier weights for underserved children and their families. The program engages children, youth and families in group learning, healthy cooking and eating, and physical activity. The age based modules consist of play based learning sessions that not only promote knowledge and skills, but also build relationships between families and community.
Watch for schedules TBA.